Vinegar Bow Tie Pasta

Pasta Pasta Pasta ! Taylor and I are the biggest fans of pasta but I can't help but think immediately to the Portland...



Pasta Pasta Pasta!
Taylor and I are the biggest fans of pasta but I can't help
but think immediately to the Portlandia skit.
Every time you eat pasta you're sending a message to your brain 
saying pack on the pounds.
It's freaking delicious and totally ok to eat as long as you're
balancing out your other meals for the day and week. 
This is one of my all time favorite dishes. I found a similar recipe in one of my Vegetarian cookbooks and just took a spin off of it and included things we enjoy.
I will also list a Vegan option down below to replace the Mozzarella.

Let's go right into it:


You're going to need to pick up these ingredients:
Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta
Spinach Leaves
Cherry Tomatoes
Hendrickson's Sweet Vinegar & Olive Oil Dressing or Basalmic Vinegar and Olive Oil
Fresh Mozzarella


Start boiling 3 cups of pasta in 1.5 quartz water over medium high heat.
While that is cooking, start on your tomatoes.



Measure out a cup of tomatoes and then dice them accordingly.
Take a moment to stir your pasta.


Dice up your Mozzarella - I use the whole package.

Measure 1 cup of spinach leaves and remove any unwanted stems.
Check on the pasta once more. It should be close to being done.


  Measure out 1/2 cup of your preferred dressing. 
I ran out of my Hendrickson's before I finished filling up my measuring cup so I 
used basalmic vinegar to get it to 1/2 a cup.


Your pasta should be done and you can bring them to the sink to strain them.
Give them a moment to cool and rinse them in cold water.


Get out a serving bowl and mix everything together.
Once you've done that you can either pop it in the fridge and let it chill for about 40 mins
or you can serve if right away. I like it both ways. You can also divide it up into containers and have it ready for a busy day for a quick lunch option.
Vegan option: Replace Mozzarella with strained Great Northern Beans. 
If you try this recipe let me know what you think.
-Amy
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images