Dresser DIY | Think Before You Trash It

Hello Friends! I wanted to share my dresser makeover from the weekend. My Husband and I had Sunday and Monday off together and...


Hello Friends!
I wanted to share my dresser makeover from the weekend.
My Husband and I had Sunday and Monday off together and thought what better time to finally get this project done? We are definitely going towards more of a modern minimal look for our apartment style and life in general.
Swapping our wood/earthy tones for greyscale all the way.
Which means we either do something with the furniture we already have or scrap it and start over.

The environmentally friendly option is to definitely salvage what we already have.
Plus, the items we do have aren't ugly by any means.. it's just the colors that don't suit us anymore.
Taylor likes to tell me that not everything can be black, white, or grey.
Well, I'd like to think otherwise!

Our style used to be more of an eclectic/thrift stop vibe.
I am gearing us more towards that modern feel and Taylor is on for the ride.

For this project we used Valspar Furniture Paint in Lincoln Cottage Black.
We applied two coats to the whole dresser and let it dry overnight.
This paint goes on amazingly and we only needed to sand lightly before applying.
NO PRIMER NEEDED.
The dresser when we originally thrifted it cost around $100 and the materials required for this DIY makeover were $100 as well which lands us at $200 for the overall cost.
Not to shabby!
What do you think?


I am so satisfied with the way this project turned out and I cannot wait to paint everything else we have to meet our monochromatic lifestyle!
The only thing to do next is find somewhere to live that meets those requirements.
It has been a struggle! Haha.

XO | AMY

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images