How to DIY your books to suit your aesthetic

HI FRIENDS! If you are anything like me which at this point means highly OCD about your life or maybe you just want something fun to...


HI FRIENDS!
If you are anything like me which at this point means highly OCD about your life or maybe you just want something fun to do to your books then I have the perfect DIY for you.
While on my journey of decluttering I found myself kind of going crazy over certain things that I still wanted to keep but didn't fall under my black, white, grey category. I did some searching and couldn't really find anything which was shocking. I did find someone who used transfer paper to cover notebooks for school and I thought well that shouldn't be too hard to do for books. I'm sure this is something that has been done before but I personally couldn't find any videos or links to help me.
So I thought I'd share this with you all in hopes to be that source if you were struggling like I was.
I only spent money on the contact paper which was under $2.
Here's what you'll need:
Now I highly recommend that if you have a book that is a dark color you use black contact paper. 
I would have preferred to use black anyways, but Lowes did not carry black.
I will probably order some in black from amazon and do the rest of my darker books that way.
  
I started by measuring out how much I would need to cover the book and leave way for the flaps.
You also want to make sure to leave some give for when the book is closed.

I cut two notches where the spine of the book is so that way it bends easier and you have room to cut the extra off. Whenever you get it where you want it go ahead and peal and stick starting from one side to the next. Cut any extra and fold over the cover. 
Here is a video tutorial for you as well:
 
There you have it! Perfectly monochromatic books to match the rest of your home.
It only took me about 10-15 mins to do two books.
I suggest using a book that your not in love with at first to do a trial run but all in all this is a pretty simple quick DIY that anyone can do.
If you recreate this make sure to tag me in your photos or DM me on Instagram: @thesuperiorpeach.
XOXO // AMY

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images